Aug 082018

After a disturbed nights sleep, our fault the temperature dropped and we didn’t have appropriate bedding on the bed, we had breakfast and packed up and left at about 9am. We followed the rough local road out of Chauvigne and made our way to the D40 and then onto the N175. As we were early we stopped for a long coffee and croissant break at a large service area. On out way through the car park back towards the motorway we found the grey waste disposal point and so stopped and emptied the grey water tank. We rejoined the motorway which was by now the A84 and followed this all the way to the Caen ring road and then followed the local road to Ouistreham ferry port. We passed several groups of immigrants looking for opportunities to get to the UK. We checked in at the ferry port at 11.45 and the ferry was already in. The van was checked for stowaways by the police. We were eventually called through to the loading waiting area where we were held until right at the end of loading, there were only 2 other motorhomes behind us when we got onboard. On this relatively short trip we saw so many Adria motorhomes it wasn’t true including one other white Sonic and also there were several Adria caravans too. We were also parked next to an old AdriaTec A class motorhome in the queue for the ferry.

After an uneventful crossing we arrived in Portsmouth 5 minutes early at 7.10pm. Again we were one of the last to leave the ship but were put in a short lane for border control. Even still it was after 8pm when we eventually left the port and started our journey to Pauls’s. We joined the M275 and then the M27 and turned on to the M3. We stopped at the first service area to put a splash of expensive diesel in the van. We continued on the M3 to junction 4a and turned off past Minley barracks and this was by far the worst road surface that we have travelled on on this whole trip. Into Yateley and then I reversed on to Paul’s drive arriving at about 9.15pm, the motorhome just fitted.